I'm doing an econometrics project on income and fertility, and was wondering if anyone had any good datasets with this kind of data.


asked 09 Feb '11, 21:30

andrewlinn957's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

Every standard household panel data set (e.g., PSID, BHPS, SOEP, etc.), most large-scale surveys like CPS, British Labour Force Survey, etc (only if repeated cross-sections are enough)


answered 13 Feb '11, 10:15

nils's gravatar image

accept rate: 0%

Any links to the datasources you mention? :)

(14 Feb '11, 14:21) rgrp ♦♦

The Economic and Social Data Service (http://www.esds.ac.uk/) provides access to many of the large scale national surveys. You'll need to register to access the data if you're not accessing from an academic setting - but general registrations should provide access to a fair quantity of the data.

(14 Feb '11, 19:34) Tim Davies

In addition to the esds: SOEP: http://www.diw.de/en/soep Public use files for CPS and US census data: http://usa.ipums.org/usa/, http://cps.ipums.org/cps/ BHPS: http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/survey/bhps PSID: http://www.umich.edu/~psid/

(20 Feb '11, 21:36) nils
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here



Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: 09 Feb '11, 21:30

Seen: 571 times

Last updated: 20 Feb '11, 21:36

powered by OSQA